Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve in Perry-dise

We spent New Year's Eve weekend in Perry, Georgia at Nanna and Grandpa's home. Before we could ring in 2011 with black eyed peas and collards, we had Christmas #2, and Henry received even more toys. We received some very nice gifts, but one of our favorites had to be the personalized M&Ms. If you look closely, you'll see Henry's face on them! That Nanna is pretty hilarious.

We also indulged in one of Nanna and Grandpa's Christmas traditions: banana splits for breakfast. Poor Henry got pea puree, but I just might let Nanna give him his first banana split next year.

It was a balmy 70 degrees in Perry-dise, so we spent a lot of time outside with the enormous Santa and Henry's future toy: the NBA regulation size basketball hoop. Grandpa is planning ahead, considering his grandson is already over 2.5 feet tall.

Our New Year's Eve was magnificently boring, or boringly magnificent, or something like that. Southern BBQ for dinner, a game of dominoes, and reading books curled up on the couch. It took a lot for Gus and I to make it midnight, but we did it just to say we did. 2010 was our best year yet and I'm eager to see what 2011 brings. Happy New Year!





































3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous time in Perry-dise.
    Beautiful pics with Nanna and Grandpa. I think that Nanna might have slipped Henry a little bit of the banana, from the banana split. After all, it IS a tradition and it's Henry's first Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year, Henry will have banana split all over his face !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. are those henry M&Ms??!! love. and also you are a great photographer...just so you know. AND...if henry has a brother he should have the same initials...because I love all his monogrammed clothing!

    ReplyDelete