Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Belated Birthday Bash

Last weekend we celebrated Henry's belated birthday with Papa, Mimi, and Zia. We spent Saturday doing the "usual": playing at the park, enjoying frozen yogurt, and reading lots of books.

On Sunday afternoon we got our party on! Henry wore the most ridiculous/hilarious birthday crown that Zia gave him. Henry received some great toys and books, and we will enjoy storing them in his brand new beautiful wooden toy box! I am pretty excited to turn the romper room back into the living room.

After presents we tried birthday cake one more time. This time I made banana cupcakes for my little banana lover (sans frosting for my little frosting hater). It didn't make a difference. He hated it! We also tried ice cream for the first time. It went over a little better, but, alas, it still ended up on the floor. I know one day he will enjoy sweets. For now, I'll just have to embrace the fact that the boy loves beans n' greens.
































































































2 comments:

  1. what a fantastic weekend! we love you all!
    Meems

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute pictures, looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Great picture of the six of you! I really like that picture where Henry is wildly pushing away the cake. Just NOT into sweets! Oh, what a beautiful toy chest.
    Love and Blessings,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete