Thursday, September 24, 2015

From Blue to Pink

The nursery in my house has been blue since we moved in four years ago. All three boys have slept in there. Each time a new baby boy arrived, I changed the first initial above the crib and swapped out the photos in the frames. Everything else in the room stayed the same. I loved that room. The colors, the bedding, the rocker - it was calm and pretty (yes, boys rooms can be pretty). And it was the perfect place to snuggle a new baby.









When we found out we were expecting a girl, I knew the nursery was going to change. But I wanted it to stay calm and pretty. I don't veer too much from tradition so, predictably, the room went from blue to pink. Ballet slippers, my old baby bonnet, and a delicate cross from my Grandparents house sit on the shelves now. The crib letters are in script, which is a whole new world of monograms for this Mama of boys. (Yes, her first and middle initials are under wraps, but will be revealed at birth.) The room changed, but the feeling of it stayed the same. And it's nice to know this room will still be a quiet retreat, since the room across the hall now houses three monkeys. Yes, Henry, John, and Peter are all sharing a bedroom. Peter has quickly gone from a baby to a toddler, and he has done wonderfully in his big boy bed. The Makris Brother dormer will be a fun (and sometimes loud!) place to grow up.











No comments:

Post a Comment