Monday, July 31, 2017

2nd Grade and Kindergarten!

It's the end of July, and it's time to go back to school! I packed lunches the night before, complete with love notes from yours truly. Henry is such a romantic that he actually saves his favorite lunchbox notes from me in the front pouch of his lunch box. As we were putting the boys to bed, John had the same poem and confetti pouch that Henry had before his first day of kindergarten. John was lucky enough to get Henry's same kindergarten teacher this year. John was not nervous at all, but he was quite worried we would be late to the bus. I assured him that we would be up before the sun so we would have plenty of time.

545AM came quickly and we were all up for a special breakfast of sprinkle pancakes (Frances was still snoozing though), and my traditional song, "Happy first day of school to you!" Yes, the kids think I am pretty ridiculous. I also insisted on driving to our house that morning to take photos on our back porch as usual. Then we walked up the street to the bus stop. John could not have been more excited to be riding the bus, and going to the "big kid" school. This is the first year that I will have two kids at the same school, and big brother Henry knew exactly what to do to calm this mama's nerves. I watched the boys get on the bus together, and Henry sat with John (even though he didn't have to because kindergarteners sit in the front and cool 2nd graders usually sit in the back), and Henry told him, "Don't worry, John. I will walk you to your classroom."

Later that afternoon, both boys came off the bus with smiles. John told me that he had a great day and played with his best friend, Bennett. Henry had little to say, as usual, but said it was a great day. We drove back to the apartment, where I had warm cookies and milk waiting, per tradition. I am trying my best to keep things the same despite where we live these next few months!











































No comments:

Post a Comment