Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Peter's Very First Day of School

Peter woke up raring and ready to go on his first day of preschool. He was up at 6AM even though his school day doesn't start until 9:30AM. Excited would be an understatement. He enjoyed his special breakfast and my special singing, of course. And then we drove over to the house for photos, even though there was some demolition going on in the background. Frances had to jump in the pictures too. She and Peter have spent every day together since she's been born. I suspected she would not be happy when he left us for school, and I was right. But since Peter has been staying home with Mama for the past three and a half years, and watching his big brothers go to school every day, he couldn't wait to leave the girls behind. When I picked him up, he talked non-stop about his day - who he played with, what the snack was, what craft they made, who listened and who didn't. And I had cookies waiting for him too, of course. Frances couldn't have been more thrilled that he was back home with us, and that there were cookies involved.  Peter is only going to preschool three mornings a week, but he is already asking why he can't go every day of the week.























No comments:

Post a Comment