Wednesday, February 1, 2012

All About Baby Mak


This pregnancy has flown by, to me anyway. I stared blankly in disbelief at the nurse in the doctor's office when she told me it was time to start making bi-monthly appointments. But that's a good thing; it just means I am that much closer to finally seeing this little boy's face, and I can't wait for that.

Overall this pregnancy has been pretty similar to my first, with a few exceptions. Baby Mak is a mover and a shaker! Henry had his fair share of kicks and punches, but this baby is constantly moving and dancing around in there. He even has one particular spot on my left side that he loves kick. Some kicks to the ribs even take my breath away!

I have officially experienced the dreaded symptom of heartburn, but only after eating one particular food: black cherry jello. It is the strangest thing. Here I was trying to be healthy by snacking on jello instead of ice cream, but after a few nights of heartburn, I decided to put the jello down. Whaddayaknow, no more heartburn! That Bill Cosby is full of it.

During my first pregnancy, I had very few Braxton-Hicks contractions. This time around, they come on an almost daily basis. They don't even begin to compare to "real" contractions though, especially now that I know what those feel like!

Being pregnant with a toddler is a whole new world. I definitely tire more easily after lifting a 30 lb. child all day long, especially when those 30 lbs. refuse to stand up and put on his shoes (hello world of temper tantrums!). It's also difficult to explain to a toddler why it's not okay to lift up Mama's shirt at Publix after he demands, "Baby hiding? Hi Baby! Kiss! Kiss!", because he's used to doing that at home. We give the deli guy some serious entertainment.

2 comments:

  1. We are very excited to meet Baby Donnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma and Papou MakrisFebruary 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM

    Sounds like lots and lots of fun, the anticipation of your dear Baby Son. Nice that Henry is so involved in looking for him and that you can keep the deli guy laughing! Take care, you look wonderful.
    Love and Blessings,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete