
We started the morning by making Daddy a valentine and then hiding it in his car before he left for work. I have a feeling those Reese's Pieces were his breakfast.
When Daddy came home from work, he wooed me with roses and Sour Patch Kids. Clearly he knows the way to my heart (and Baby Mak's).

Nine years ago, Gus and I dined at a Cracker Barrel in Howell, Michigan on Valentine's Day because it was the half-way point between our two colleges. And from that night, a tradition was born. Tonight we spent our tenth consecutive Valentine's Day dinner there with our almost 2 year old and almost newborn. I'm hoping by the time we're 70, I will have enough photographic proof of our children aging in those cute rocking chairs that Cracker Barrel will fall in love with our story and throw in a dinner on the house.


makes me smile! I love tradition...
ReplyDeleteToo cute to be true; starting your day with Valentines for Dad, then flowers for Mom, then a family dinner AND the photos. What a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteLove and Blessings,
Mom and Dad