Monday, June 20, 2011

Dada Day

In preparation for Fathers Day, I solicited help from Papa, Mimi, and Zia during their last visit. And why would I need the help of four adults? Finger painting. With a one year old. While most of the paint ended up on him, rather than on his canvas, it was not quite as messy as I envisioned. I think Henry was shocked that I let him make such a mess. I did draw the line (pun intended - hiyo!) at painting the deck. In the end, the mess was worth it. Henry painted a masterpiece for Dada to proudly display on his desk at work.

On Fathers Day, we enjoyed exactly what Dada requested: a relaxing day spent together (and a few trips to the driving range during nap times). We went to the park, enjoyed some frozen yogurt, and strolled around a certain new zip code. For dinner, Dada requested homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese. God bless that man and his simple taste in food.

It was a wonderful day to spend as a family and to celebrate how thankful we are to have Dada in our lives!

































2 comments:

  1. What a good idea, a painting for Dada. Looks like Henry was just a bit befuddled about being covered in paint, like, "huh?"

    Wonderful photos of Gus and Henry together, what a treasure.

    Love and Blessings,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lot of fun for us! Happy Dada Day to one great father!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete