Sunday, January 27, 2013

2 1/2 going on 22

Our big boy aged right before our eyes this past week. Last Saturday, he packed up all his diapers in a bag and passed them down to Bebe John. We stayed in the house for six days (yes, right after being stuck in the house for seven days during the quarantine). I was armed with a book of stickers and a bottle of Resolve as I let Henry run around the house in nothing but his birthday suit. And in less than a week's time, our big boy got the potty thing down pat. Our first outing included bouncy houses, lunch at Chipotle, and a Publix run. Despite the numerous distractions, he aced it. And just today he visited the aquarium (sans diaper bag) for the day with Daddy. I am proud of him, and I can't believe how easy he made this transition for all of us.

Next week, he'll ask me for the car keys.



2 comments:

  1. So proud of Henry !! He is growing up too fast ! Great job Mama Mak !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma and Papou MakrisJanuary 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM

    Great job indeed! Good for Henry and of course, GOOD FOR YOU! Beautiful shot at the Aquarium.

    ReplyDelete