Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Monkey-less Vacation

Gus and I left the three monkeys at home for the first time and took a vacation to Highlands, North Carolina. We stayed at the Old Edwards Inn and Spa. It rained a lot but it did not matter. I read a book cover to cover for the first time in a year. I spent two entire afternoons at the spa. We slept in every morning, and we dined out at every meal. By the last day, we were refreshed and ready to go home to the boys.

Nanna and Aunt Mary did a wonderful job taking care of the boys for four days. We brought treats home for everyone from the local mountain bakery. The boys were as happy to see us, as they were their pecan brownies. That evening, Peter celebrated our homecoming by taking his first steps! He walked from me to Nanna just as we were getting the boys in the bathtub. And he hasn't done it again since, so I'm sure it was just because he was excited to have us home.
















No comments:

Post a Comment