Henry and John really enjoyed fishing this year. Papa enjoyed that they enjoyed it even more. John would shout, "He's a fighter!" every time he reeled in a fish. After fishing off the dock and catching little bluegills and sunfish all week, Henry was determined to go out on the main lake and catch "a wide mouth bass so big that you can fit your fist in his mouth." And he did just that! He reeled in a 14 inch bass all on his own.
At night, we would take sunset pajama boat rides and eat treats. I noticed Peter gnawing on his life jacket and figured he was teething. Turns out he was just hungry because he ate an entire chunk of the jacket. Oops. One evening, we made s'mores around the bonfire. John liked his marshmallows extra crispy. Henry liked his s'more not toasted and not touching. I have no idea who he gets that from. Another night we enjoyed a Somerset Center tradition: Freddie's Freeze! I remember going as a child, so it's nice to see my own children there.
Aunt Cathy and Uncle Joe were nice enough to drive Great Aunt Jo up to spend the day with us. Great Aunt Jo is my Grandma Longo's sister. She is 93 years old and still lives on her own. She had 3 boys and 1 girl too, so I'm following in her footsteps. The boys showed off their trains and their reading skills to her.
The boys and I were spoiled rotten by Papa, Mimi, and Zia. Mimi woke up every morning (sometimes before sunrise!) with the boys so I could sleep in. The boys were constantly entertained. There was always a lap available to sit in for a story, or someone to get on the floor and play trains. All the cooking, cleaning, and bath-giving was taken care of. I had a real vacation with 3 kids in tow, and I'm so thankful for all their help!
























































No comments:
Post a Comment