Friday, August 5, 2016

John's Special Day

After I took Henry to Six Flags, John started planning our special day together. John is a creature of habit, so he wanted to do exactly what we did last year. We started our day at the book store. We played with trains, read some books, and browsed the workbooks. John loves a good worksheet or maze during quiet time. He also spent a long time in front of the "Gerald and Piggy" books. He thinks Mo Willems is hilarious! After he picked out several new books to bring home, it was time for lunch. John's special day wouldn't be special without pizza. I'm proud to say that he ate 1 1/2 of those giant slices. His appetizer of 2 breadsticks and 2 glasses of chocolate milk prevented him from cleaning his plate. But he wasn't too full to turn down ice cream. John loves Coldstone because "you get 2 treats in 1 - ice cream AND candy!" He picked chocolate ice cream with gummy bears, marshmallows, and chocolate chips. I had such a sweet time with my John Augustus. He's excited to be going to school 5 days a week "just like Henry", but I sure am going to miss him.













No comments:

Post a Comment