Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween from The Makris League!

For Henry, John, and Peter, the easy part was deciding to be Superheros for Halloween. The hard part was picking which one to be because they love them all. And even after I suggested that everyone just pick any costume, superhero or not, Henry insisted that everyone coordinate - "But Mama, we have to match! We are a family!" I can't argue with that. Plus, everyone knows I love a good theme. I did warn the boys that this may be the first and last year that Frances will allow them to choose her costume for her. 

Once again, Nanna outdid herself by making their costumes. Not only can she sew, but she gets me when I tell her, "Not Christian Bale Batman. More like Adam West Batman." They were The Makris League, old school style. The leggings on the boys cracked me up, and Francie holding that little lasso made my day.

We kicked off the evening at the neighborhood pizza party. The boys found their buddies and barely stopped playing long enough to eat pizza. The creepiest costume award went to our friend's twin daughters. They were the creepy twins from The Shining. Somehow we managed to get a neighborhood photo of all the kids together.

Finally everyone took off for trick-or-treating. Peter had been practicing for weeks at home, so he knew the drill. He tried his best to keep up with the big boys, but those little legs can only go so fast. Plus, he was very distracted by the growing candy pile in his pumpkin. After a few houses, he came back home with Frances and me to pass out candy on the porch. Henry and John stayed out until dark with Daddy. At the very end of the night, they came back to our porch to go through their loot. Everyone ate way too much candy, including Francie. Peter kept a close watch on his pumpkin, and he would shoo her away if she got too close. When no one was looking, she grabbed a pack of m&ms from our candy bowl, tore them open with her 8 teeth, and shoved as many candies as she could fit into her mouth. I caught her before she ate the entire bag. I think you need to be able to say "trick-or-treat" before you can start eating bagfuls of candy on Halloween, Francie girl.































































No comments:

Post a Comment