Poor Henry with his turtleneck on backwards, buttons opened, and the collar popped. Gus said, "Well, that's how I would have worn it. I don't own any shirts that button in the back." God bless him.
After a quick wardrobe fix, Henry met Santa. I didn't go well. Big man, red suit, giant beard -- it is a little weird --- although it was nice of him to show up and spend his afternoon with crying children. I am on the board at Church and we had to get a parishioner to volunteer this year after our real-bearded, rosy-cheeked, "I do this for a living" Santa backed out at the last minute. Maybe Henry just prefers the real deal.
So Henry started crying and reaching out for us to pick him just as we put him down. And as soon as Gus picked him up, he was calm and happy again. I don't want my child to have stranger anxiety, so we'll have to work on that. But I have to tell you, as a parent, a small part of me will admit that it feels pretty darn good when he stops crying the moment you pick him up.

I'm laughing so hard, of course Gus would think the snaps go in the front! I agree, God Bless Him!
ReplyDeleteI love that you still captured the day with "crying" picutres. I think all pictures are important and have a story to tell. These will be a great story and a wonderful memory for the both of you. There is nothing like the outstretched arms of your child!
Speaking of blessing, this blog is a blessing to all of us. Thank you for sharing all these wonderful moments with us!
T-9 days until we see you again!
Well, if you look at the first picture,
ReplyDelete"If I could talk, I would tell him this is NOT right, this is on backwards."
Gus, how funny is it that you're thinking you should be "popping the collar" on baby Henry. This is too funny. Actually, I guess it does make sense, men don't button down the back, but oh yeah, Henry's a baby! Too cute, thanks for sharing "and that's the REAL story."
Not too sure if it's stranger anxiety or "someone bigger than me in a red suit anxiety." Just make sure Gus stays away from those red suits he's been eyeing Burberry's!
There is nothing in the world that compares to the love of your child and the unquantifiable love a parent is able to give to their child. Henry is a well loved, cherished baby. Thank you Danielle and Gus, for your devotion to one another and your dear son Henry.
i don't know which pictures are funnier...the collar or the crying! poor henry:)
ReplyDeleteToo funny! Good work Gus! Can't wait to finally meet Henry in a couple of weeks. Hope he is not scared of me :-)
ReplyDelete