Monday, October 31, 2011

Our Family of Pumpkins

This year's jack-o-latern did not involve any naked babies (I couldn't find a pumpkin large enough to hold Henry). Instead, I thought Henry should be actively involved. I figured knives were not a good idea, so we painted our pumpkins, and he loved it (as long as the paint wasn't on his fingers). There were lots of tears when it was nap time and the paint was taken away. I think this was his way of telling me that we need to be doing more art projects!

I painted our very own family of pumpkins too: A tall, skinny one for Daddy, a shorter, rotund one for Mama (pregnancy is the only acceptable time to use the word "rotund" when describing me), a small one for Henry, and a mini one for Baby Mak. Henry's masterpiece also decorated our porch for the trick-or-treaters.

Now I get to look forward to next year when I'll have a smaller baby to stuff into a pumpkin again!

















1 comment: