Monday, August 3, 2015

Kindergarten!

'Twas the night before Henry's first day of kindergarten. I packed his lunch, wrote a note, and tried not to cry. He set out his special confetti from his teachers. We read "The Kissing Hand" before bed. I cried, he didn't. In fact, he couldn't understand why Chester the Raccoon did not want to go to school. Cue more tears from Mama. We kissed him goodnight at 6:30 PM.

Henry woke up at 6AM sharp and reminded us that he could not be late for the bus. I made him sprinkle pancakes for breakfast, and as tradition calls, I sang him "Happy First Day of School to You". After he was dressed, we snapped a few photos just as the sun was coming up. As we waited at the bus stop, the only one who was nervous was clearly Mama. The bus pulled up and Henry walked right on without looking back. Luckily, I caught a quick wave as the bus pulled away.

Later that afternoon, Henry bounded off the bus with a huge smile on his face (and a Mt. Bethel Buccaneer hat on his head). As usual, he didn't tell me a lot of details about his day. But he was happy and excited to go back the next day. And he was even happier when he walked in the door and saw his special after-school snack coming out of the oven.





























No comments:

Post a Comment