Henry won a free ticket to Six Flags from school. I won free babysitting from Nanna and Pa for John, Peter, and Frances. It was Henry's first time at Six Flags. He likes the rides at the Georgia State Fair, so I had high hopes for a thrill-seeking day (yours truly loves roller coasters). We started the day with a little kiddie roller coaster. "Can we go on something slower next time, Mama?" I should have known that my little old man would not be seeking thrills. The carousel and ferris wheel were more his speed. His favorite ride was the Sky Buckets. We rode them enough to know the ride operator on a first name basis. And he liked the swings because "you can feel the wind in your hair." Unfortunately for us, we picked the hottest day. I was thrilled to find an air conditioned spot for lunch, and Henry was thrilled at the size of his footlong hotdog. We ended the day with the bumper cars, where Henry took us on a wild ride. Before we left, I told him that he could pick a souvenir to take home. He chose a trip to the photo booth "so we can make funny faces and remember this special day." He is a boy after his photo-loving, Mama's heart.
Sassy Southern girl who still loves the North, too. Wife of 11+ years to a tall, dark, and handsome man. Mama to 3 sweet boys and 1 sweet girl. Hates camping and food touching. Loves high heels, sweet tea, and hosting dinner parties.
No comments:
Post a Comment