Sunday, June 12, 2016

Some Pig

I remember sitting in the nursery. Henry was just a baby, and Gus said to me, "One day when he can read, I am going to buy him Charlotte's Web." Gus did just that last week. Henry has been reading on his own for awhile now, but this was the first time he truly got lost in a book. He read the 180 pages of Charlotte's Web in 5 days. His favorite place to read was on the couch in the Keeping Room while shirtless (because it's summer and it means less laundry for Mama). His favorite character was Templeton the Rat because "he's funny just like me."

Since Charlotte's Web, Henry has been on a reading binge. We go to the library once a week to check out 30 books and it's not enough. When he wakes up in the morning, he picks up a book. And when I call him to eat breakfast, he brings a book to the table. One hand spooning cereal, the other hand flipping pages. The Boxcar Children set arrives tomorrow (thanks Amazon), so hopefully that will keep him satisfied for awhile.



No comments:

Post a Comment