During our trip to Michigan, Peter became interested in the potty. I wasn't about to ruin our vacation with potty training, so I didn't force it. He was still interested when we came home, so it was time for potty training bootcamp. The timing was unfortunate. It was the last week of summer vacation. I had all 4 kids at home with me. And we were on house arrest. But when your 2 year old decides on his own that he wants to be potty trained, you just roll with it. We did not leave the house for 3 days. We started taking short trips out of the house by day 4. By day 7, Peter was officially potty trained! We celebrated by having him pass all his diapers down to Frances, and then he was rewarded with a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup (and not a mini one, a big giant one).
One more kid to go. I can see the light!
No comments:
Post a Comment