Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving in Perry-dise

We celebrated Henry's first Thanksgiving in Perry, Georgia at Nanna and Grandpa's house. It was 80 degrees and sunny, so Gus enjoyed watching football on the patio, and we even stuck our feet in the pool to cool off. I think Henry might be in for a bit of shock when we travel to Michigan for Christmas.

Nanna made a delicious dinner with help from my Aunts. Henry enjoyed his favorite Thanksgiving side dish - sweet potatoes! - although I had to make sure Nanna didn't add butter, sugar, or marshmallows to them (I know she can't wait to give my boy sweets)!

Henry was fully immersed in country-living during our visit. Only in a place like Perry do you find the best barbecue at the gas station and horse stables at your neighbor's place down the road. Thanks to Michael, Gus even came home with his very own double barrel, 12-gauge shotgun; Gus and Chris are looking forward to becoming regulars at the skeet range. Now that's what I call a redneck party favor!

Thanks to Nanna and Grandpa for a wonderful Thanksgiving!





































2 comments:

  1. Wow-Wee, wow-wee, WOW-WEEEEEEEEEEE, it does look like Perry-dise. I love horses and love seeing Henry with that horse. Oh, how wonderful! Henry looks just so happy and content to be with his Nanna, leaning into Sue in the second picture. Great moments captured!
    AND, to hear that my son Gus is PACKIN', YIKES! That guy is out skeet shootin' like his Pa, his Great Uncle Henry and Uncle Ira. Thanks Michael, you've taken him back to his roots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love his lil' thanksgiving outfit and that he got to play with the horses! :) looks like yall had a great time!

    ReplyDelete