Friday, April 20, 2012
My Next Thirty Years
Today I turned 30 years old. It was a wonderful day. It started with the best gift: John slept seven continuous, glorious hours last night! He might only be four weeks old, but he already knows how to make Mama happy (even if it was just a birthday fluke). Later in the morning, Henry and I enjoyed some painting on the porch. Henry likes to keep things neat and tidy, so there was less of a mess than you might expect. This afternoon, Nanna and Pa drove up to watch the boys during nap time so I could enjoy a rare, solo shopping trip. Later this evening, Gus took us to our very first dinner out as a family of four. We dined at (where else?) Chickfila. (I should add that Gus is taking me out on a "real" birthday date this weekend to a restaurant that requires reservations and eating with utensils.) After dinner, we came home and the boys helped me blow out the candles on my red velvet birthday cake (compliments of Nanna!). I can't wait to see what God has in store for my next thirty years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


WOW, Henry IS neat and tidy. He can go out for dinner in the SAME shirt he wore to paint. No aprons, no nothing, AMAZING! Love Henry's painting, very pretty. And now to YOU, Birthday Girl. Hope you had a wonderful day and enjoyed your gorgeous cake that your Mom made, how nice. Wishing you many, MANY more and will wait for the pics of YOU, Gus and Henry on your birthday.
ReplyDeleteLove and Birthday Blessings, Mom and Dad
you are a blessing to so many :)
ReplyDeleteI love you. Happy 30th.
sounds wonderful! glad your 30th was a happy day!
ReplyDelete